Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd
Client Privacy Statement
- Introduction and General Terms
- The term Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd encompasses all branches of the company. Any references to “we”, “us” and “our” should be interpreted accordingly.
- Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd is committed to safeguarding your personal information, alongside compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, The Data Protection Act 1998 and any future changes to data protection legislation with which we would be required to comply. The statement is for your information and it explains how we collect, use, disclose transfer and store personal data.
- This document forms part of our obligations to be open and fair with all individuals whose personal information we process and to provide details of how we process it, what we do with it and how we support your rights.
- Any changes to this policy will be will be updated regularly and a notification will be sent to those on our database.
- In order to provide you with the full range of services Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd provides, we often need to collect information about you.
- The Privacy Statement explains the following:
- How Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd collects your personal information
- What information Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd may collect from you
- How Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd will use the information we collect from you
- When Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd may use your details to contact you
- Whether Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd will disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding personal information you provide us
- How does Airport Lettings Collect personal information?
- Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd collects and stores personal information that:
- You provide when enquiring about or applying for our services
- You provide when visiting our branches
- You provide when communicating via email, writing, SMS text and telephone
- You provide when subscribing to marketing communications
- Is shared with us by our partners (for example, companies that introduce you to us)
- Is generated through use of our services
- Is collected automatically through the use of our IT systems for the purpose of ensuring security, analysing trends and gathering broad demographic information.
- What information will Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd collect about me?
- The table below shows what information we will collect about you:
||How we contact you in order to deliver our services to you
||Names, addresses, telephone numbers & email addresses
||A record of the communications we have with you
||Emails and letters
|Contractual & financial
||Details pertaining to the services we provide to you
||Invoices, Landlord statements, credit notes, job sheets, engineer reports, bank statements and card payment records
|Log files and statistics
||How many visitors to our website we have, how often they visit and where they originated from
||IP addresses, URLs of requested resources, timestamps and HTTP user agents
||Any permissions, consent or preferences that you give us, including how you would like us to contact you
||Subscription to our database
- How will Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd use the information it collects about me?
Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd will use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To perform our obligations under any contract we hold with you, for example:
- taking steps at your request, prior to entering into a contract
- exercising the rights of all parties as sent out in a contract (e.g. arranging insurances)
- to deliver our services
- to maintain the accuracy of our records
- to make and manage payments
- to collect and recover money owed to us
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for example:
- to obey laws and regulations that apply to us
- to ensure good governance, accounting and auditing of our operations
- to detect, investigate, report and seek to prevent financial crime or fraud
- to ensure the security of our IT systems
- to run our business in an efficient and proper way
- For our or your legitimate interests, or those of other organisations, for example:
- to verify your identity and perform credit checks
- to obtain references
- to respond to complaints and seek to resolve them
- Based on your consent, for example:
- to keep you informed of services that we feel may be of interest to you
- to keep you informed of news and events that we feel may be of interest to you
- to develop and carry out our marketing facilities
- You have the right, at any time, to ask us not to process your personal data for any purpose that we are not required to do so by law, for example, for marketing purposes.
- Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd may still need to collect or retain personal information under the terms of a contract we have with you.
- If you choose not to give this permission, it may prevent us from meeting our obligation to you.
- Any data collection that is optional is made clear at the point of collection.
- Before you disclose the personal information of another individual to us, it is your responsibility to ensure that they agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
- When will Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd contact me?
- Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd may contact you:
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any other parties in a service provision we provide for you.
- In relation to any financial questions or issues such as in relation to rental payments or deposits.
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
- Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have agreed to this by giving us your consent, for example to provide you with information about rental properties you may be interested in and what services we can offer you.
- From time to time we may also contact you to ask for your views about the service Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd has provided to you. We may personalise these messages based on any information you have provided to us.
- If you do not wish to receive personalised messages from Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd you can contact us at any time and instruct us to stop.
- Will Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd share my personal information with anyone else?
- Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd does not sell, rent or trade any of your personal information and we only disclose personal information in the ways set out in this policy, subject to any additional agreements in place between us and you.
- We will not disclose or supply your personal information to any third party for direct marketing.
- We may share your personal information:
- With third parties whom process personal data in order to provide you with a product or service that you have procured through us
- With third parties that we have contracted for the purposes of processing payments, conducting identity or credit checks, debt collection and other fraud or crime prevention services
- To any regulator, external auditor or applicable body or court where we are required to do so by law
- To any successors in title to this business
- Information collected by Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd is predominantly stored in the UK however, for some specific services, it may be transferred to a third party for storage and processing outside of the UK. In these circumstances, Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd agrees take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the third party suitably protects your personal data as required by law. By agreeing to this Privacy Statement, you are consenting to these transfers:
- Microsoft Corporation (whose services are based in the USA)
- All personal data stored by Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd is kept within our branches on desktop PCs or in filing cabinets. Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd has company mobile devices which are used by staff when they are out of the office. We do not store personal information of prospective tenants on these devices.
- How long will Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd keep my information?
- The criteria used to determine how long we will keep your personal information depends on its relation to any contractual agreements with us.
- If you become a tenant of Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd, your personal details will be stored for at least 1 year after the end of the tenancy.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is required for the purposes of the supply of services and for any legal requirements, the data we hold may have a material impact on future cases so it may not always be possible to specify a time limit on data held.
- Personal information that does not relate to a contract will be retained for a maximum of 2 years.
- It is anticipated that we will hold your personal data for a period of 7 years to cover any civil claims that might be made.
- Changes to the Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd Privacy Statement
- This Privacy Statement may be updated on occasion so you may wish to check it each time you submit your personal information to Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd.
- If you do not agree to the changes, please do not continue to use Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd website or submit any further personal data to Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd.
- You may also ask Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd to delete your personal data at any time – subject to any legal reasons we may have to keep some of the data we hold about you.
- If material changes are made to this Privacy Statement, for instance affecting how we would like to use your personal information, we will provide a more prominent notice (including email notification of changes to the Privacy Statement).
- Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd will never record any credit or debit card information. All payments you make over the phone or in our branches are processed by our third party payment system “Barclaycard” and are done so in line with the Payments Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- Where any personal information is stored or transmitted, Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd strives to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data, for example:
- By deploying industry standard technical measures, such as encryption and/or firewalls
- Locking away paper files and records when not in use
- Ensuring the secure destruction of information when no longer required
- Sending emails containing sensitive information via secure Microsoft Outlook Mailock emails.
- Whilst we are committed to taking the appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised loss, destruction, damage and misuse, by agreeing to this Privacy Statement you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of your data, as the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks is never completely secure.
- Your Rights
- With regards to your personal data, you have the right to:
- Be informed about the processing of your personal data
- Have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate
- Object to us processing your personal data
- Restrict processing of your personal data
- Have your personal data erased (“right to be forgotten”)
- Request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- Move, copy or transfer your personal data in electronic format (“data portability”)
- Reject to automated decision making, including profiling
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with the way we process your personal information.
- Registered as a data controller with the ICO, registration number Z8236658.
- Licenced by the National Approved Lettings Scheme (NALS), reference number A1463.
- Members of the National Landlords Association (NLA), reference number 148408.
- Members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS), reference number G01815.
- Appointed Representative of Stride Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm number 304823.
- Contacting Us
- Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd is a Private Limited Company registered in England and Wales under company number 04917451.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer, Oliwia Serba:
- Via email: [email protected]
- Via telephone: 01279 661 555
- In writing to our head office address: Airport Lettings Stansted Ltd, Enterprise House, London Stansted Airport, Essex, CM24 1QW.